Eight Delicious Meals to Keep Your Eyes Healthy
Sight is one of the most important senses that we possess. It assists us in our daily lives, which is why it is vital to maintain our eye health. There are a few ways in which we can do this, including scheduling an annual appointment with the eye doctor and also by eating eye-healthy recipes.
CorrectVision Laser Institute is dedicated to maintaining and improving your vision. We have provided a list of eight eye-healthy meals that will offer you the nutrients your eyesight needs to strengthen and preserve its health.
1. Spinach Omelet: Spinach and eggs are two foods rich in lutein and zeaxanthin. These two antioxidants defend against age-related macular degeneration and cataracts. This is a perfect meal to have at any point during the day!
2. Salmon and Collard Greens: Salmon is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which assists in visual development, retinal function and dry eye reduction. Combining salmon with collard greens will give your meal an extra boost of lutein and zeaxanthin as well!
3. Turkey Sandwich with Roasted Bell Pepper: Turkey has been proven to be a major provider of niacin (a type of vitamin B) and roasted bell peppers are a great source of Vitamin C. This combination can assist in the prevention of age-related macular degeneration and cataracts.
4. Peanut Butter Sandwich and a Carrot Snack: Typically nuts, regardless of the type, are wonderful sources of Vitamin E, which defends your eyes from free radicals. A side of carrots will ensure your eye health further because of the extra beta-carotene that promotes healthy night vision.
5. Liver and Onions: Liver and onions are two foods that naturally go together because they are both rich in zinc. Zinc has the ability to aid night vision and prevent cataracts from forming.
6. Ahi Tuna and Steamed Broccoli: Tuna provides you with omega-3 fatty acids like salmon, hence similar eye health benefits. Steamed broccoli contains lutein and zeaxanthin, the same nutrients as spinach, eggs and collard greens.
7. Pizza with Anchovies, Bell Pepper and Spinach: Depending on your toppings, pizza can provide many nutrients, such as carbohydrates, protein, healthy fat, vitamins and minerals. This topping combination will provide you with omega-3 fatty acids. Vitamin C, lutein and seaxanthin.
8. Kale Chips: Kale contains lutein and zeaxanthin that will help to defend against age-related macular degeneration and cataracts.
CorrectVision Laser Institute is one of Florida’s most advanced vision correction practices that has extensive experience in eye health. Our goal is to open your eyes to the world of great vision by offering unparalleled expertise regarding how to keep your eyes healthy and you happy. Contact us today for a consultation!