Custom LASIK is a laser vision correction procedure which uses the latest technology to measure the unique visual characteristics of your eye to customize your treatment. Custom Wavefront Guided LASIK in Pembroke Pines provides an additional level of precision over what traditional LASIK offers and provides you with the best possible quality vision.
A device called a wavefront analyzer measures the way light travels through your eye and then creates a 3-D wavefront map which is unique in the same way that your fingerprint is unique to you. Your wavefront map provides a detailed diagram of the areas of distortion (called aberrations) that allows Dr. Bosem to provide you with truly customized vision correction.
Custom LASIK is preferred by many since the wavefront measurement system is very precise and the outcome is an individualized vision correction, which is very different from traditional LASIK surgery or standard prescription glasses. Aside from being very unique and individualized, here are the other benefits of custom LASIK:
- Helps to improve visual acuity (how much a person can see) and contrast sensitivity (how well a person can see fine details)
- Less risk of post-LASIK issues such as halos and glare
- Has been found to have fewer risks of night vision issues after surgery
- Addresses both aberrations or visual distortions of both lower and higher order
- Can treat even those who have lost best-corrected vision from prior surgeries such as LASIK, RK and PRK
As with traditional LASIK, a thorough vision exam and consultation is required to determine if a patient is qualified to undergo custom LASIK. If you are eligible for the procedure, Dr. Bosem will ensure that you receive the best treatment possible. If you are interested in having custom LASIK vision correction in Pembroke Pines, contact Correct Vision at 954-442-1133 or correctvision.com to schedule a consultation today.